• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • Discuss artists other than Furthur. Discuss and share music you make.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder
On the day I was born daddy sat down and cried

Fleetwood Mac 2013 Tour

#218938 1 year, 10 months ago
Wow I didn't think they got along too well? Could have sworn I read an interview with Mick where he stated that Stevie Nicks had no interest whatsoever in a reunion. I guessed he convinced her that it would be big bucks if they went on tour. Interesting very interesting. I might have to check that one out.
I went walkin' out last summer
Tryin' to find a breath of air
I went walkin' on the mountain
A friend had told me I'd find you there
Strider1
Platinum Boarder
PMA - Positive Mental Attitude

Re: Fleetwood Mac 2013 Tour

#219000 1 year, 10 months ago
There has been a lot of drama within that band since the beginning.

Early on, I think the emotional roller coaster they were on helped them to create the music they did, but now I think that, like The Police, they can all stay to themselves back stage, come on and perform, then retreat to their private worlds backstage once the show is over. So they don't really have to deal with each other at all. Just go out, perform the standard set list, and you're done. How many people do that with co-workers in the office every day? No new album, yet they still tour, all the while complaining about and conflicting with each other. It's all about he money my friends, and the ego feed that performing live does for an individual. I still love their early stuff, just don't think their is any chemistry left in that band.

Some info from wikipedia -

In late 2008, Fleetwood Mac announced that the band would tour in 2009, beginning in March. As per the 2003–2004 tour, Christine McVie would not be featured in the line-up. The tour was branded as a 'greatest hits' show entitled Unleashed, although they played album tracks such as "Storms" and "I Know I'm Not Wrong". The first show was on 1 March 2009, and in February they announced a slew of new dates.

According to Billboard, Mick Fleetwood said during a teleconference with reporters on 12 February 2009, "This is the first time we've gone on the road without an album. This is truly a new experience for Fleetwood Mac to go out and play songs that we believe and hope people are going to be familiar with and love."

Stevie Nicks stated that, with regard to a new Fleetwood Mac album, "There isn't any plan at this point... for any album. We're going to get through this tour before deciding what to do with an album."

During the concerts mentioned, Buckingham stated, "the time is right to go back to the studio—but only after a tour. I think maybe there was even a sense that we would make a better album if we went out and hung out together first on the road ... Maybe even sowing some seeds musically that would get us more prepared to go in the studio rather than just going in cold. It takes the pressure [off] from having to go in and make something cold."

During their show on 20 June 2009 in New Orleans, Louisiana, Stevie Nicks premiered part of a new song that she had written about Hurricane Katrina.[12][13]

In October 2009, the band began a tour of Europe which carried on into early November, followed by a tour of Australia and New Zealand in December.

Also in October The Very Best of Fleetwood Mac was re-released in an extended two-disc format (this format having been released in the US in 2002), premiering at number six on the UK Albums Chart.

On 1 November 2009, a new one-hour documentary, Fleetwood Mac: Don't Stop, was broadcast in the UK on BBC One, which featured recent interviews with all four current band members.[citation needed] During the documentary, Nicks gave a candid summary of the current state of her relationship with Buckingham, stating "Maybe when we're 75 and Fleetwood Mac is a distant memory, we might be friends...". It also included outtakes from the Tusk recording sessions, not seen for many years since their availability on VHS cassette in 1981.

On 6 November 2009 Fleetwood Mac played the last show of the European leg of their Unleashed tour at London's Wembley Arena. Christine McVie was present in the audience, so Stevie Nicks paid a tribute from the stage to a standing ovation from the audience, stating that she thought about her former bandmate "every day", and went on to dedicate that night's performance of "Landslide" to McVie. In total, the tour grossed $71.2 million[citation needed]

On 19 December 2009, Fleetwood Mac played the second to last act of their Unleashed tour to a sell-out crowd at what was originally intended to be a one-off event at the TSB Bowl of Brooklands, New Plymouth, New Zealand. Tickets, after pre-sales, sold out within twelve minutes of public release, and another date (Sunday 20 December), which also sold out, was added.[citation needed]

On 19 October 2010, Fleetwood Mac played a private show at the Phoenician Hotel in Scottsdale, Arizona for TPG (Texas Pacific Group).

On 3 May 2011, the Fox Network broadcast an episode of Glee (Season 2, Episode 19) entitled "Rumours" that featured six songs from the band's 1977 album.[14] The show sparked renewed interest in the band and its most commercially successful album, and Rumours reentered the Billboard 200 chart at #11, the same week that Stevie Nicks' new solo album In Your Dreams debuted at #6. (Nicks was quoted by Billboard saying that her new album was "my own little Rumours."[15] ) The two recordings sold about 30,000 and 52,000 units, respectively. Music downloads accounted for ninety-one percent of the Rumours sales. The spike in sales for Rumours represented an uptick of 1,951%. It was the highest chart entry by a previously issued album since The Rolling Stones's reissue of Exile On Main St. reentered the chart at #2 on 5 June 2010.[16]

On 13 May 2011 Stevie Nicks announced that Fleetwood Mac would go out on tour again in 2012 (not mentioning the scale) and talked of a possible new album.

In an April 2012 interview with Playboy magazine, drummer Mick Fleetwood expressed doubt at Fleetwood Mac ever reuniting for a tour, blaming Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham for years of delays due to commitments to solo projects. "I played drums on most of Stevie's album (In Your Dreams), the one she is still out there supporting and the one that is the reason that, for now, she refuses to do a Fleetwood Mac tour," Fleetwood stated.

Despite these claims, in a July 2012 interview, Nicks confirmed that the band will reunite for a tour in 2013.[17]

Original Fleetwood Mac bassist Bob Brunning died on 18 October 2011, at the age of 68.[18] Former guitarist and singer Bob Weston was found dead on 3 January 2012, at the age of 64.[19] Former singer and guitarist Bob Welch was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound on 7 June 2012, at the age of 66.[20]

The band has officially announced their 2013 tour which is going to cover 34 cities and starts April 4th in Columbus, OH. The band will be performing two new songs, but still uncertain if a new album will follow.[21]
Takin' it in stride!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#222329 1 year, 10 months ago
Well I got a wild hair and bought tix for this. Not like i haven't blown a fortune on concert tickets and travel arrangements as it is this year You only live once! I hope Stevie can still bring it!!
Island Head
Platinum Boarder

#251974 1 year, 6 months ago
MSG 4/8/13

The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester, Denver Man, skidoo, jodiah
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#261285 1 year, 5 months ago
Has anyone caught this tour?? I'm going tomorrow and just wondering .. I've heard they are tight, should be a nice night out ..

Haha yeah I guess the videos could tell the story ..
Last Edit: 1 year, 5 months ago by Denver Man.
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#261502 1 year, 5 months ago
Second Hand News
The Chain
Dreams
Sad Angel
Rhiannon
Not That Funny
Tusk
Sisters of the Moon
Sara
Big Love
(Lindsey Buckingham solo)
Landslide (Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham)
Never Going Back Again (Stevie Nicks & Lindsey Buckingham)
Without You
Gypsy
Eyes of the World
Gold Dust Woman
I'm So Afraid
Stand Back (Stevie Nicks song)
Go Your Own Way

Encore:
World Turning
(Mick Fleetwood Drum Solo)
Don't Stop

Encore 2:
Silver Springs
Say Goodbye
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Chester
More or less in line

#261541 1 year, 5 months ago
Looks like a great show. How was it? Did it sell out?
I can't come down, it's plain to see.
I can't come down, I've been set free.
Who you are, and what you do,
don't make no difference to me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Denver Man
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#261646 1 year, 5 months ago
I was surprised that it was very close to sold out. Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised??

I love love Stevie Nicks, her voice is a little more gravelly but she still has it. It felt like the whole band was on a mission. Buckingham was really going off, it never occurred to me what a fantastic guitarist he is. It's fun seeing Mick so happy. He got his wish getting the band back together.

Ticket prices were way too high, but what the hell, it was a fun night.

Did she make you cry
Make you break down
Shatter your illusions of love
Is it over now do you know how
Pick up the pieces and go home
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chester
Denver Man
Platinum Boarder

#261648 1 year, 5 months ago
Forgot to mention I ran into John Fox (head coach of the Broncos). I think I scared the hell out of him but he did shake my hand. As much $ as I have given the Broncos, he should have given me a huge hug!
jodiah
Expert Boarder

#261914 1 year, 4 months ago
My friend caught them at Jazz Fest in New Orleans this year and said it was amazing. I listened to what he had recorded on his iPhone and they sounded great.
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds