whitey-x & evie moonflower
The following user(s) said Thank You: Krispysmurf
drpsilocybo
Junior Boarder
Trying to find a peacefull song

Re: Best Furthur show EVER?!

#7226 3 years, 5 months ago
jtf6568 wrote:
I have been to 6 different venues for a totalof 13 shows. My favorite so far was Convention hall, Asbury Park,NJ 12-13-09! I have been going since 1977, and have seen some historical shows. The sound on this night was perfect!

I know right !!!

Help Is On The Way was funky like a motha fucka
did you see Phil walk across the stage to give john a hug after Franklin's?
and the Gemenoid meteor shower!!! on da beeach!!!
that was a great night
Krispysmurf
Fresh Boarder
Elllllllllllllllllllllli

#7255 3 years, 5 months ago
Give a listen to the Boston Orpheum 3/5/11 and 3/6/11 shows. Amazing nights.
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#7312 3 years, 5 months ago
drpsilocybo wrote:
this was my first furthur show, It's one of the best I've seen

www.archive.org/details/furthur2009-12-1...raszki.103552.flac16

it was a different band, Jay Lane was playing percussion and there weren't any backup vocalists.
I like the changes futhur has made it seems to be working for them
but I haven't seen then recapture the energy from this show, especially the second set.

Wow I was totally saying the same thing to a buddy last night. The Energy on 9/18/09 -9/20/09 is on another planet. Regardless of who is in the band now and who is not I still think that Furthur lost that energy somewhere around the end of the 2010 summer tour.

Is it me or did John K get put on a leash? Let him run free guys please! Look at the video for 9-18-09 Scarlet. John is dancing and leading the band he even does the bobby cue, arm in the air to go back into the song from the Jam never see him do that anymore.
Last Edit: 3 years, 5 months ago by GreatestStoryEverTold.
cpuffe
Fresh Boarder

#7333 3 years, 5 months ago
Wallingford 3/8/11
Vibes 7/30/10
Chicago 3/3/10
...there were days I know when all we ever wanted was to learn and love and grow
GreatestStoryEverTold
Expert Boarder

#7340 3 years, 5 months ago
cpuffe wrote:
Wallingford 3/8/11
Vibes 7/30/10
Chicago 3/3/10

Vibes mhmm.. the Estimated>Eyes
GrayFolded
Junior Boarder
PhilDropsBombs

#7368 3 years, 5 months ago
03-03-10 will still stand as my benchmark for "Epic Shows" by this band...My jaw was on the floor up in Front Row Balcony...

Perfect setlist...
LeshPhilingBassGreat
Tom Banjo
Visitor

#7383 3 years, 5 months ago
furthur110326.jpg

I thought the Vibes 2010 show was really awesome. I love the way they play the Terrapin Suite, really repeating one of my favorite musical moments of all and to hear it repeated as the basis for a jam is really sweet. They played a Terrapin at Sat Radio City Music Hall (3/26/11) and they jammed the same musical part, but not for that long. However, I keep finding myself telling people that the Sunday Radio City Music Hall show was one of the best I had ever seen. They packed the stage with talent, they played so many great songs, they played a new one (Chest Fever??) and played three encores. It having been Sunday, they started things off with a tune of "spiritual derivation" (maybe you kow the show from where I got that quote). They played an awesome It Must Have Been the Roses and Ship of Fools (and I had just gotten off the Ship of Fools preparty with Wigjam) so I was already swaying to the roll of the waves I had just left. Cassidy rocked my soul so damn good man, I mean I really really love that song! Ripple was a great way to end shows, but here they just used it to end the first set, and it was one amazing Ripple, everyone was sooo happy to hear it. Tennessee Jed was great too, as I love to play that one one the guitar. The first set gave us high hopes for the second one and we were correct in feeling that way! WOW DUDE! Teresa Williams (one of their invited talent) sang a gorgeous Sunrise, you might have thought it was Donna herself up there. Then just hearing the first few notes of St. Stephen put everyone into a wild crazy and excited mood. The Eleven, the Wheel, I mean OMG! And the Uncle John's Band had that sweet musical intro like the days of Workingman's Dead. Sugar Mag and Morning Dew followed and I was so high by the experience that I literally left my feet behind. Then all the guests came back onto the stage to leave us with Attics of My Life. I mean, this is why I fucking love this music so goddam much and why I cannot wait until the next one and why my life has revoloved around this band so much. I become so happy when I hear the music, I wish everyone could feel my happiness because it would end all the anger, hatred and war in this world. Why chance being killed in war and worse yet, why chance having to kill someone else in war when music like this can rock your soul and make you so happy that you cannot get rid of your smile for days (I am still wearing mine). At this point in my life, I can only hope that the best Furthur show ever, is still to come. But Sat's show takes the cake for me.
johnnyhub
Junior Boarder

#7396 3 years, 5 months ago
My top 3 that I always go back to:
12/11/09 - Wallingford, CT.
3/3/10 - Chicago
5/28/10 - Furthur Fest - (This being my #1 pick. The one I burn for friends to get them on the bus!)
kbsqd
Fresh Boarder

#7413 3 years, 5 months ago
I don't think it really matters. The set lists are just frame works to what they have been doing. They are getting better with evey perfomance. Pick one and go. Explore the music as they are while playing it!
Time to create page: 1.96 seconds